Tuesday, May 15, 2012

I've Been Neglecting You, Blogger.

Just watched some of my classmates' projects for this Digital Composition class and I really feel like now I'll have a better handle on where I'm going with my own project.

I watched Ben Williams' concept in 60 and it showed how some people eat and live so lavishly and they don't even realize the poor and decrepit right in the same streets. That was neat. It showed clips back and fourth of each life. I also watched Holly Stark's but I didn't really understand where it was going. At first all I heard were nature sounds over a city which I thought was going to be something along the lines of, "this used to be the nature you're hearing now" but when it flipped to nature, I still heard nature. Maybe I'm just not in her same mindset for this.

Then I decided to take on a music video. The first one was about a dog dying and it was kinda super depressing and since I have my own unlucky history with doggie-deaths, I decided not to watch that video after about 30 seconds. Especially when I had watched someone cry for almost 12 seconds. Soooo.. then I watched Laila Ammar's video featuring the Young the Giant song. Again, wasn't sure where exactly she was going with it because it's hard to understand their lyrics, but when I read her synopsis of it being something about a "transition," I kind of understood it better. Really cool music video though.


Also, I'm not doing my previous idea for the video at all now.

No comments: